BOOK US


BOOK US:
- carouselcontact@gmail.com
- facebook chat

Listen

Monday 17 October 2011

High Spirits, Suffocative, etc.

The highest, in fact. Immediately below: today's feature sound, background music to enjoy while you read the text follows immediately below it. D'yer follow? It's going to be an assault on the senses, just roll with it.



If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions, and all that. I can't speak highly enough of Funkadelic.

I was going to talk about Friday night, when we played the Mojo and hit the town, but looks like I've been beaten to it. And it's been done well, so I wont dwell. For the record I will object to the harsh language, though. I'll also add that I had nothing to do with that drink what throws a bottle of VK on top of a four-fold Vodkat measure. No dig. Re: thanks - what he said.

That base being covered, what contemporary sociological thematic area of the outfield should I occupy? Luckily, I'm a cultured soul. I was in FACT yesterday, twenty minutes early for a screening with just enough time to enjoy the installation in their downstairs gallery, it turns out. I thought it was going to be this (new tab this, don't stop the funk), Gormley's Blind Light effort from a few years ago, one that I missed at the time and have always been hoping to be revived. As per usual I went nowhere near any research, and what we got was different all together: a white room, a truck load of dry ice, ambient soundscapes and a strobe light to give you cataracts. It was great. A different sort of great to what I was expecting, sure, but as every bit as intense and bad-tasting as we were told it would be before they let us loose in that weird blind triangular space. I lasted the whole twelve minutes; others in the group bailed before five had passed and I can understand why: as one half of a pair I had an accomplice with whom to share the panic when too far from the rope. Telling, that the token loner misc-European was amongst the early escapees. Deffo go.

Lastly my thanks to all who have tolerated my banging on about the marathon for the last six months and moreover the last seven days. It was huge, and I thoroughly enjoyed my day. I couldn't have done it without the yeas and nays of the sayers.

That's it. Enjoy whatever's left of the way back yonder funk and this picture of what wasn't my Sunday evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment